Welcome to Big Fish Encounters Sleeper Shacks!
Offering incredibly comfortable shacks, quality fishing and even a bit of knowledge. Our guests arrive via shuttle in our Ranger from shore to a warm shack with holes ready to fish in the beautiful Hayward and surrounding areas. The propane for heat is supplied each shack includes a generator with gasoline and a restroom with RV Toilet.
We offer multispecies spots to make the most of your trip, during the day you will have a chance at bluegill, crappie, or perch as well as Pike and Bass. When the sun goes down the walleyes typically move in and set lines with a light or alarm to notify you of a bite is the go-to but jigging will also produce! During colder times of the season hole covers are recommended to prevent the hole from freezing in and not fitting that next big fish through.
We strive to provide a comfortable environment during your stay with a focus on your fishing experience. We have a great track record of a comfortable and fishy environment – responsible harvest is key to conserving our smaller lakes. We encourage you to enjoy a meal of your catch while keeping this in mind.
Rental Time: 2 – 4 night stays
Check In: 1:00 p.m.
Check Out: 10:00 a.m.
***If your check in time is later – your check out time remains the same***
ALL SHACKS INCLUDE:
- Heat—the propane is provided
- Generator—3 gallons per day (additional cost/gallon above 3 gallons)
- Restroom—RV Style Toilet with door (TV toilet paper only)
- TV/Entertainment—at least one TV per shack with blu-ray player & radio
- Hole Covers—All holes include a safety cover to prevent lost items
- Big Picture Windows—Enjoy panoramic views; all shacks include a safety exit window
- Appliances—Induction Stove Top/Microwave/Skillet/Toaster/Coffee Pot/Crockpot
- Utensils/Paper Products—Additional supply as needed, leave what you have for the next guest
- Garbage — all garbage is the responsibility of the renter ($5 fee applies to garbage left upon check-out)
- Damage/Cleanliness/Policy Compliance Deposit— $100 damage, cleanliness, and policy compliance deposit collected upon rental and returned upon check out
- Pet Policy— although loved, we do not allow your furry friends at this time.
- Sportsmanship Policy — In order to continue to offer our shacks to customers, it is important that all individuals practice good sportsmanship behavior while fishing in our shacks up to including awareness of having catch and release methods, harvesting only enough fish to enjoy a few meals, respecting other fisherman on the lake, discarding of fish appropriately, and any other guidelines that are discussed by owner at the time of check-in.
>>> Secure Your Rental >>> Select your dates below to view availability of all shacks!
Rental Duration: the duration period will be by hours when selecting – however, each rental will be charged per night based on the check in/check out times above.
View Full Calendar: You can select the “Check Availability” on each Yetti below
Shopping Cart: Located in the right hand corner of the page and can be clicked on to view anything you’ve added to your shopping cart – you can also view and edit dates here.
If you need assistance checking out please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 715-492-1339. We look forward to your stay with us!
- Price: $275 per night 2 night minimum (call for one night stays)
- Accommodations: One 72” top bunk bed and an approx. 72″ jack knife sofa that pulls out to a 72″ x 42″ sleeper. Perfect for two Adults!
- Amenities: 4 pre-drilled holes with 3 rattle reels and safety covers, memory foam mattresses, big screen tv, induction cooktop, microwave, fridge and bathroom with rv toilet.
- Price: $350 per night 2 night minimum (call for one night stays)
- Accommodations: Two Jack knife Sofas, two top bunks, perfect for Larger Families or 4 Adults
- Amenities: 6 Pre-drilled holes with 4 Rattle Reels and safety covers, Dual Tv’s with Blu-Ray Player, Fireplace, Fridge, Microwave, Bathroom with rv toilet.
- Price: $300 per night 2 night minimum (call for one night stays)
- Accommodations: One 72” bunk bed set, 54” jack knife sofa that pulls out to 54” x 42” Sleeper. Perfect for two Adults or a combination of 3 adults/children
- Amenities: 5 pre-drilled holes with 3 rattle reels and safety covers, memory foam mattresses, big screen tv, induction cooktop, microwave, fridge and bathroom with rv toilet.
- Price: $395 per night two night minimum (call for one night stays)
- Accommodations: Two 72” Bunks (upper and lower) Two 72” Jack Knife Sofas that are 72” x 42” sleepers and one top bunk that is 75”x 30” Perfect for 4 adults or a family up to 5
- Amenities: 7 Pre-drilled Holes, 4 rattle reels, memory foam mattresses, jack knife sofas with dinette, Dual Induction Cooktop, Fridge, Microwave, Dual TVs, Blu-Ray Player, Radio and Bathroom with rv toilet
- Price: $325 per night 2 night minimum (call for one night stays)
- Accommodations: One 72” Jack knife sofa that pulls out to 72” x 42” sleeper, one 72″ bunk bed set, perfect for 3 adults or small family of 4.
- Amenities: 6 Pre-drilled holes with 4 Rattle Reels and safety covers, memory foam mattresses, big screen tv, induction cooktop, microwave, fridge and bathroom with rv toilet
Add Marine Electronics to your stay! 👇
Garmin Livescope Ice Bundle
Rent Garmin Livescope Ice Bundle during your rental stay!
Marcum Pursuit HD L Underwater Camera
Rent the MarCum Pursuit HD L for maximum water imaging and clarity!
ION PLUS 8" ICE AUGER
Don’t worry about packing an auger – RENT an auger that is ready to go and fully charged upon your arrival!
What to Bring:
- Fishing Gear: An auger to set outside lines, tip ups, tip downs, jigging poles; each rental shack includes a few Rattle Reels but you must bring your own gear unless arranged
- Food & Beverages: Refrigeration available, coolers and water recommended; water for cooking/cleaning
- Bait: Suckers and Shiners for Walleye/Pike; Crappie Minnows for Panfish, Grubs or Waxies
- Sunglasses & Safety Gear: We recommend a safe approach—spikes, throw rope, cleats(outside)
- Blankets and Pillows: bedding is not supplied
- Entertainment: DVD Player, may bring movies; Radio, & 2 televisions
****Catch your next trophy by adding 2, 4 or 6 hours of guided fishing to any sleeper rental to up your success rate or learn new techniques!****
Guide Fishing Trips
Guided fishing for groups up to 6 people; transportation and gear provided including but not limited to rods, reels, tip ups, tip downs, ice shacks, heaters and bait but customers are suggested to bring some bait as well.
What do we catch?
It varies by time of year and the lake, but we enjoy putting you on Crappie, Walleye, Bluegill, Perch, Northern Pike, Largemouth and trophy sized Smallmouth Bass! You are welcome to bring along gear you are comfortable with and encourage everyone to dress for varying conditions Northern Wisconsin often shows. Sunglasses, waterproof boots, safety spikes and cleats if there is limited snow or slushy conditions are a good idea.
21-day Cancellation Policy
A booking can be cancelled if more than 21 days remain before your appointment. If less than 21 days remain your deposit can be transferred to an open date (based on availability – may carryover to next season) or used as credit at bigfishencounters.com
***Any cancellations that occurs within 72 hours of check-in date will not be eligible for the return of their initial deposit and will not be eligible for the options above***
Shack Rental Terms
- All individuals renting the shacks will be responsible for having an active WI Fishing License and follow all limits based on the lake you are located on
- Family friendly Environments
- Hole covers must be kept on at all times when not in direct use for safety and to prevent freezing
- No excessive drinking
- Quiet time starts at 11 p.m.
- RV Toilet provided for elimination (RV toilet paper only, must monitor and notify when toilet is full – urine only outside must be at least 50 ft. away from shack)
- Heat should stay on at all times and shack temperature should not drop below 65 degrees; if generator shuts off – contact owner for assistance
- Contact owner with any equipment operation questions or concerns prior to doing on your own
- All customers shall review and respect the sportsmanship policy for the best interest of all customers experiences
In order to continue to offer our shacks to customers, it is important that all individuals practice good sportsmanship behavior while fishing in our shacks up to including awareness of having catch and release methods, harvesting only enough fish to enjoy a few meals, respecting other fisherman on the lake, discarding of fish appropriately, and any other guidelines that are discussed by owner at the time of check-in.
***Agreement of these policies, terms and conditions will be acknowledged at checkout***